Wednesday, October 31, 2012

4th and final home study visit and a hiccup

Last night was our fourth and final home study visit. Yay!
For this visit our Social worker came in and asked us if we had any questions for her which our only question was when will the home study be ready?
She told us to expect the rough draft to look over on Friday.
We were asked a few final easy peasy questions about our insurance and how the military works and then we were done!

That was the nice part of the day.
The hiccup occurred due to my error which really makes my upset.
I sent off our I800a Immigration paperwork first extension supp 3 on the 17th.
It had a due date of the 28th.
Yesterday on the 30th it came back to me lacking 45 cents postage.
I can't believe it.
They received it on time but refused to pay the 45 cents which is their right and it was too late to come back to me by the time it came two days after the deadline.
I immediately called USCIS but they said there is absolutely nothing they can do.
A deadline is a deadline and they can not bend the rules.
I even spoke to the supervisor after my Officer transferred me after I began sobbing.
I am just so mad at myself for not adding enough postage.
The post office has a machine which I weighed it on and entered the zip code and it spit out the needed postage.
However, a friend just let me know the reason why is that I put it in an 8X10 envelope to avoid folding which always requires more postage.
Good to know. Now that I messed that up big time.
This means we now have to pay the $720 Immigration fee plus $85 X 4 for our fingerprints now instead of when we receive our LOA in about 5 months.
That $1,060 will be due here in a few weeks and I have no idea where it will come from.
It's always something with adoption but this mess up was my fault and I feel just terrible. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment