Saturday, November 3, 2012

Moving along and a surprise!

Yesterday we received the draft of our home study.
With only a few little fixes we gave it the OK and it is now at our adoption placing agency for their review.
Once they give their approval then it goes to the director of our home study agency to approve, sign and notarize and then it's done!

From there we take the home study and have state certified and then Chinese authenticated for our dossier.

We have one more step before we can send our dossier which is the I800a ~ Application for Determination of Suitability to Adopt a Child from a Convention Country.
This brings me to the earlier slip up on my part.
I was trying to get an extension of our last I800a from our March adoption which would have saved us time and money right now.
However, since I didn't put the required postage on the letter we now have to start from scratch.
Please, please pray that it doesn't take the 3 months time that it has been taking.
We truly need to get things moving along in order to make our deadline for the dossier reuse.

We have a BIG, BIG surprise coming up that I will tell you all about regarding John's adoption.
This surprise will be as big a shock to you as it was to us.
Want to know more?
For each $25 that is donated towards John's adoption fund I will reveal a clue.
Once his fund gets to $500 I will give you all the exciting details!


No comments:

Post a Comment