Sunday, December 16, 2012

Fingerprints ~ Check!

I was surprised and thrilled to have received our fingerprinting appointment letter in the mail last Monday.
The appointment date was for Dec 27th although once you are in the system you can walk-in if your particular office allows it.
My family was all on board for this and we made plans to leave the next day.
I had heard the Atlanta office was good about this so I hoped for the best as we drove the two hours to their office.
DH was still in his military uniform as an extra incentive to let us fingerprint ahead of appointment as I had heard active duty military don't need an appointment.
In the end we walked right in and everyone there was so pleasant and helpful.
We were in and out in under 30 minutes!
I've since called USCIS to let them know we walked in early and let's hope this speeds things up.
With Christmas right around the corner I am wishing that our approval comes in time to have it sent to the Chinese Consulate before the week's break.
My timeline is not always His timeline so I know to be patient but always hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment